Clarke and Escambia Counties Only
Grant Applications Due August 1, 2012
The Community Foundation of South Alabama has announced the availability of grants for programs that encourage positive adolescent development in young males from age 8 to 18 years old.
Nonprofit organizations and government agencies located in Clarke and Escambia counties are invited to submit an application.
Goals of the Males on the Rise Initiative
- Increase positive decision-making abilities in male adolescents to encourage healthy lifestyles (i.e., physically, mentally, socially, relationally, academically, and financially.)
- Increase capacity of existing programs that provide a comprehensive approach to the overall well-being of adolescent males.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit or government agency
- Located within Clarke or Escambia counties
- Existing programs for at-risk adolescent males, or can model a new program after an evidenced-based program
- Capacity to develop collaborations with schools, organizations, businesses, and/or the faith-based community
- Ability to match half the grant (2:1 match) for three years in new money and to continue the funded program beyond three years
- Ability to track the young males for at least one year after the program is completed to measure its effectiveness
- Must not discriminate in the hiring of staff or in providing services on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability
Interested nonprofit organizations should submit a proposal using the Males On The Rise Initiative Grant Application. Details about the requirements for submitting a proposal, the review process, and the grant application can be found online. Visit www.CommunityEndowment.com
Grant applications will be accepted through August 1, 2012.
For more information, please contact The Community Foundation of South Alabama, Program Officer at 251-438-5591, or email program@CommunityEndowment.com.
View The Request For Applications
About The Community Foundation of South Alabama
The Community Foundation of South Alabama is a public charity that plays a key role in meeting the needs of South Alabama through leadership and grants. More than $63 million in grants have been awarded since 1976 by the Foundation to nonprofit organizations to support programs that make life better in the region. The Foundation builds lasting endowments to ensure grants are available to support the community forever. For more information visit www.CommunityEndowment.com
Contact: Stephanie Ryan